TRiO Student Support Services
The Columbia College TRiO Student Support Services program is available to qualified day students at the home campus in Columbia, Missouri. TRiO Student Support Services (SSS) is a federally funded TRiO program, administered by the Department of Education, designed to encourage eligible students to persevere and complete their college degree.
Students who may qualify for the program include:
- First-generation college students (meaning neither parent earned a baccalaureate degree)
- Students who meet federal income guidelines
- Students with documented physical, learning or mental health disabilities
- Students must be working toward a four year degree from Columbia College
- Grant aid opportunities
- Educational workshops
- Cultural activities
- Graduate school and career exploration
- Laptop lending program
- Exclusive access to state-of-the-art computer lab, a study lounge, tutoring and proofreading labs
- Access to resources
To find out more information about TRiO see Council for Opportunity in Education.